Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music transfer

Is it possible to move/copy my music library from iPhone8 to iPod nano? I just tried to purchase a new album from iTunes store while on iMac. When it synced to iPod all the previous library was wiped out. When I open MUSIC on the iMac I see the entire library including recent purchase. But I see no option to move all that to iPod Nano.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 3:34 PM

Syncing with selected playlists shouldn't create duplicates on the device unless they exist in the library. See Duplicate songs in iTunes/Music - Apple Community to clean up duplicates from the library, then sync again.

tt2

5 replies

Feb 7, 2023 1:47 PM in response to ranamaska

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community to pull any media that only exists on your iPhone into your library. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support to sync the eligible content of your library to your iPod nano. Note that content from the Apple Music subscription service contains DRM and cannot be used on the nano.

tt2

Feb 7, 2023 2:21 PM in response to turingtest2

I performed the steps as listed and the "MUSIC/library/albums" list was synched to iPod nano. I shut down / ejected device & closed apps. Went back in to verify. The auto sync occurred and doubled many individual songs. I went back in and switched off auto sync and selected manual. I assume I now need to go into the NANO and delete individual songs?

music transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.