You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve got a gift card and valid payment card on account but can’t use on apple tv

I’ve got a gift card and valid payment card on account but when I try to buy subscription for Apple TV it only gives me my card payment details. How do I use the gift card. Please help I’m so frustrated

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:50 PM

On what device are you trying to subscribe? A few devices are unfortunately excluded from financial transactions at this time. Instead try using a different device for the subscribing part, then continue watching on your primary device.

The value of Gift Cards can be redeemed and thereby transferred to balance on an Apple ID account. That balance can then be used for purchases, renting, and subscriptions.

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card - Apple Support

Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support

A valid payment method card can be linked to your account. As a pre-authorized payment method, it can be used for transactions with a few clicks, without the need to specify the card details each time. Faster and more secure.

Account balance is always used before card payment methods, so to avoid/​minimize the unintended build-up of balance.

Subscriptions require a payment method that supports automatic and periodical charges.

Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID (by country) - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID (including payment method) on the web - Apple

If you need more assistance, consider contacting the Apple Support staff.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2023 6:50 PM in response to jumpingkate

On what device are you trying to subscribe? A few devices are unfortunately excluded from financial transactions at this time. Instead try using a different device for the subscribing part, then continue watching on your primary device.

The value of Gift Cards can be redeemed and thereby transferred to balance on an Apple ID account. That balance can then be used for purchases, renting, and subscriptions.

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card - Apple Support

Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support

A valid payment method card can be linked to your account. As a pre-authorized payment method, it can be used for transactions with a few clicks, without the need to specify the card details each time. Faster and more secure.

Account balance is always used before card payment methods, so to avoid/​minimize the unintended build-up of balance.

Subscriptions require a payment method that supports automatic and periodical charges.

Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID (by country) - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID (including payment method) on the web - Apple

If you need more assistance, consider contacting the Apple Support staff.

I’ve got a gift card and valid payment card on account but can’t use on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.