Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Id/password problems

I gave my brother my old iPad when I recently got a new one. I gave him my id, passcode, and current Apple password, but my old iPad wouldn’t let him open the iPad up and create a new user id and password. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 3:47 PM

Grab the iPad back, and thoroughly cleanse it as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Never share an Apple ID or password. Having done so, immediately change that password.

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 7, 2023 3:50 PM in response to Jdog826

Before giving away your iPad, it needs to be properly prepared to erase sensitive information - and remove the Activation Lock that will otherwise prevent reuse of the iPad by a new owner:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Once prepared, the new owner can set-up the iPad “as new” from the initial “hello” screen - creating a new AppleID if necessary.

iPad Id/password problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.