Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad gets hot after using it for an hour or more

My iPad gets very hot after an hour or so use

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 8:00 AM

It is not unusual for an iPad to become warm (or very warm) when being used - more so when using some types of iPad case. High screen brightness and/or CPU intensive Apps (in particular graphics intensive gaming) will also create more heat.

The key point is that whilst your iPad may become very warm in normal use, the iPad should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. If your iPad is becoming too hot to hold, you should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians can examine and test your iPad for faults.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 8:00 AM in response to naplestom

It is not unusual for an iPad to become warm (or very warm) when being used - more so when using some types of iPad case. High screen brightness and/or CPU intensive Apps (in particular graphics intensive gaming) will also create more heat.

The key point is that whilst your iPad may become very warm in normal use, the iPad should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. If your iPad is becoming too hot to hold, you should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians can examine and test your iPad for faults.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Feb 7, 2023 5:44 PM in response to naplestom

naplestom Said:

"My iPad gets hot after using it for an hour or more: My iPad gets very hot after an hour or so use"

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

There are likely too many processes taking place. So, power off the phone, to let it cool, and then try clearing space.

1. Powering Off the iPhone:

Go Here: Turn iPhone on or off - Apple Support

2. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

3. Clear Space:

Visit my User Tip: How to Clear Space from your Mobile Device, and What to Clear - User Tip

My iPad gets hot after using it for an hour or more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.