Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

My iPhone gets too hot while using it

My device gets too hot while using it, even when without a protective case.

Sometimes it restarts😔

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on May 26, 2023 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 6:43 PM

Background app refresh is a culprit, specifically if you have some resource hungry apps. Check your battery usage and try to figure out what’s hogging the most and that will usually be something that’s updating your location in real time, doing some sort of backup to cloud, etc.

Make sure your screen brightness isn’t maxed out, that you turn off processes that you aren’t using (Bluetooth access, background app refresh, backup when not connected to charger).

It might be a good idea to toggle on battery saver mode to quickly switch to less consumption but it won’t fix what’s happening in the first place.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2023 6:43 PM in response to dimitar281

Background app refresh is a culprit, specifically if you have some resource hungry apps. Check your battery usage and try to figure out what’s hogging the most and that will usually be something that’s updating your location in real time, doing some sort of backup to cloud, etc.

Make sure your screen brightness isn’t maxed out, that you turn off processes that you aren’t using (Bluetooth access, background app refresh, backup when not connected to charger).

It might be a good idea to toggle on battery saver mode to quickly switch to less consumption but it won’t fix what’s happening in the first place.

My iPhone gets too hot while using it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.