Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi guys i have lost my iphone and how can I trace the same as the device is showing in offline mode, please help

hi guys i have lost my iphone and how can I trace the same as the device is showing in offline mode, please help

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 5:47 PM

VKN243 Said:

"hi guys i have lost my iphone and how can I trace the same as the device is showing in offline mode, please help"

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost iPhone

Given Find My is not an option, you'll have to do so the old fashioned way. Find My can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, is it enabled on the iPhone?

So, what to Try:

• Dial it: See if it is heard ringing

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 5:47 PM in response to VKN243

VKN243 Said:

"hi guys i have lost my iphone and how can I trace the same as the device is showing in offline mode, please help"

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost iPhone

Given Find My is not an option, you'll have to do so the old fashioned way. Find My can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, is it enabled on the iPhone?

So, what to Try:

• Dial it: See if it is heard ringing

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.

Feb 7, 2023 5:51 PM in response to VKN243

Assuming that you enabled the Find My option on the phone, it will not show up on the Find My map if the battery has run down or the phone does not have an Internet connection where it is located.

Nothing you can do to control this other than keep trying to see if the phone might appear.

Sorry, but only a tiny fraction of lost or stolen phones are ever recovered, so keep your expectations on the very low side.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.