Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers

is there any way that if I have a row of ten cells in the last one should appear the total and I put nine times the word potato then it should automatically appear in the last cell $45.00 due to each potato is $5.00

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 3:57 AM

Hi LaibleGurevitch,

you could try something like this.

COUNTIF will count only the rows that contain the text "Potato"

Formula for A10=COUNTIF(A1:A9,"Potato")×5

A10 will then be formatted as currency.

COUNTIF - Apple Support (IE)

COUNTIFS - Apple Support (IE) , this will allow you more than one criteria for your count.

Based on your region the , or the ; will be used to separate the different sections of a formula. If you write one thousand as 1,000.00 then the , is used as your formula separator. If you write one thousand as 1.000,00 then the ; is used as your formula separator.

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 3:57 AM in response to LaibleGurevitch

Hi LaibleGurevitch,

you could try something like this.

COUNTIF will count only the rows that contain the text "Potato"

Formula for A10=COUNTIF(A1:A9,"Potato")×5

A10 will then be formatted as currency.

COUNTIF - Apple Support (IE)

COUNTIFS - Apple Support (IE) , this will allow you more than one criteria for your count.

Based on your region the , or the ; will be used to separate the different sections of a formula. If you write one thousand as 1,000.00 then the , is used as your formula separator. If you write one thousand as 1.000,00 then the ; is used as your formula separator.

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.