Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i purchase a second hand iphone and then i sign into the iphone, if i erase or reset the iphone can i still log into the iphone with my apple ID or it must be the one uses in setting up the iPhone?

if i purchase a second hand iphone and then i sign into the iphone, if i erase or reset the iphone can i still log into the iphone with my apple ID or it must be the one used in setting up the iPhone?

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 1:53 AM

Only if the original owner unlocks/turns off activation lock.

Make sure they do the following before you give them money:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

5 replies

Feb 8, 2023 1:14 PM in response to kyrelldawson

You should check the phone in their presence by following process outlined in the articles in this thread BEFORE you give him any money.

It seems you already bought it. If it was given to you with out it being erased and with the previous owners account, it is 99% it has activation lock on.

Contact the seller and try to meet up and erase it in his presence. Have him turn off activation lock.

if i purchase a second hand iphone and then i sign into the iphone, if i erase or reset the iphone can i still log into the iphone with my apple ID or it must be the one uses in setting up the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.