Do deleting an Apple ID allows iPhone to be used with a different one?

immediately after I delete my Apple ID, can I reset my iPhone so I can use it again with a different Apple ID?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:57 AM

It depends upon what exactly you mean by deleted your Apple ID and what you did in advance.

From --> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Carefully read this for information about what happens when you delete your Apple ID account.

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

Hopefully you instead just did the things in this article, in which case you should be ready to set it up again with a new ID: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 7:57 AM in response to Turner777

It depends upon what exactly you mean by deleted your Apple ID and what you did in advance.

From --> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Carefully read this for information about what happens when you delete your Apple ID account.

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

Hopefully you instead just did the things in this article, in which case you should be ready to set it up again with a new ID: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Do deleting an Apple ID allows iPhone to be used with a different one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.