If I sign out my Apple ID will my iPhone reset?

If I sign out my apple ID from my iphone will it reset? And if I add a different ID instead will it do anything?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on May 8, 2024 7:33 AM

7 replies

May 8, 2024 9:25 AM in response to khizer82

khizer82 wrote:

The problem is I am not able to log in into instagram but I can login to instagram with other iPhones and I think I have a problem with my apple ID as its working from other iPhones with different apple IDs

This is the same question that was previously posted with the same answer.

Transferring apple Id data to another app… - Apple Community

May 8, 2024 10:10 AM in response to khizer82

I would think they use a combination of these:

• The email address/UserName of the account you are using to sign in
  • The Device unique identifier
  • The IP Address where the request is originating.

This also aligns with what was said on the other post:

the situation is that I have 2 instagram accounts on the same device (iPhone 15) and one of those accounts got suspended for a unknown reason and I think it effected my other accounts too. Bcos now I can’t login to my other instagram account which isn’t suspended (both accounts are in the same account centre on instagram) . But I am able to login on the un-suspended account with a different iphone with a different apple ID and I want to fix this problem

May 8, 2024 8:32 AM in response to khizer82

khizer82 wrote:

If I sign out my apple ID from my iphone will it reset?

No, signing out from Settings ➜ Apple ID will not automatically reset your iPhone.

And if I add a different ID instead will it do anything?

Yes, when signing in with a new Apple ID it will potentially merge all data in each Apple ID including messages, calls, photos etc... and will cause a big mess.

Unless you own both Apple IDs, this is not recommended.

What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?

Do not use someone else's Apple Id on your devices for any reason whatsoever.

If I sign out my Apple ID will my iPhone reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.