Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing AirTag and iPhone

Hi, i am wondering, what if (it has not happens yet) i lose my AirTag and my iPhone? Can i log in to a different device and look in find my to locate the AirTag? Or do I have to find the iPhone first before I could get the item.

thanks

PS: they should add AirTag in the decide and topic list. I just set it to iPhone for device and Apple ID for topic.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 7:46 PM

Hi Shadow_FT,

You can use any device that can go online to access Find My on iCloud.com. Take a look at this article for how you can locate a device on iCloud.com: Locate a device in Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Cheers.

4 replies

Feb 9, 2023 3:59 PM in response to Shadow_FT

Hi Shadow_FT,

We'd like to share some information for finding an AirTag and the options available. Looking over Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support for precise finding, this does require a compatible iPhone. Additional information in this article will explain "If you misplace an item with an AirTag attached, use the Find My app to see or get directions to its current or last known location. If it's nearby, you can also play a sound from your AirTag's built-in speaker. AirTag uses the Find My network, an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions Apple devices that can help you find your things. "

This should help answer the questions you had, and for leaving Apple feedback for topics, you can utilize Product Feedback

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Losing AirTag and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.