📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro battery is draining incredibly fast

I’m on an iPad Pro and my battery is draining incredibly fast. I hope it’s not a repeat of “battery gate.”

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 6:32 AM

The above reboots do nothing to resolve the battery draining problem.

When I first turn it on it will say battery 100%, but within seconds it will have dropped to 72% or 39%. Then it drops by the minute.

I think the problem started with the update a week or so ago.

Currently running 16.3.1 & it was the previous version I believe the problem started with.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 18, 2023 6:32 AM in response to LotusPilot

The above reboots do nothing to resolve the battery draining problem.

When I first turn it on it will say battery 100%, but within seconds it will have dropped to 72% or 39%. Then it drops by the minute.

I think the problem started with the update a week or so ago.

Currently running 16.3.1 & it was the previous version I believe the problem started with.

Feb 19, 2023 10:56 AM in response to LotusPilot

Do you work for apple? All the suggestions you made others have made on Google. Since the IOS 16.3.1 update for iPads, none of the above works. I’ve deleted apps, turned down brightness, put on airplane mode. I’ve been charging for three hours - it’s at 45%. I turned it off AND (this is strange) when I turned back on it said charged 100%. Then IMMEDIATELY dropped to 40%

Feb 8, 2023 8:07 AM in response to IndianaRed

Are you experiencing high battery utilisation after performing a system software update - or when using a particular App?

If your iPad is not performing as expected, try a forced-restart - as this will often clear an isolated software issue or “stuck” process:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

If the problem persists, check your Battery Usage By App from iPad settings:

Settings > Battery

You can see statistics for each App - both by percentage activity and battery use by time. You should be able to identify a specific App that is causing excessive battery drain.

iPad Pro battery is draining incredibly fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.