Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background Items Added???

Hi:

Almost certainly my ignorance, but recently (I ?THINK? starting with the upgrade to Ventura) I have started getting distracting notifications like this:

It's particularly weird since it occurs somewhat randomly, not just at start-up, restart, login, etc., but rather not for a few days and then all of a sudden when I'm just working away in some random app.

I've gone to Login Items Settings and see things like this:

One problem is that I have no idea what app the error messages are referring to (Corsair Memory, Juuso Salonen, ...), and other listed applications I thought I had deleted a decade ago (GPG Suite).

Can anyone help and explain to this computer-illiterate old geezer why these error messages are popping up randomly now and what to do with them?

Many thanks!

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 11:30 AM

I wouldn't worry about then as they are apps or software that were in your system before upgrading to Ventura. As Leroy mentioned there's a new feature that is causing this issue and about all we can do is ignore them. I went thru and gave permission for them to run in background.

For example. Juuso Salonen is a developer of system tools and security apps.

Juuso Salonen is a developer of system tools and security apps. GotoMeeting is a Zoom type of conferencing app. Did you use it anytime in the past?

The Corsair software can be for their docks or controlling peripherals and RGB lights.

Do those sound familiar?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 11:30 AM in response to CharPatton

I wouldn't worry about then as they are apps or software that were in your system before upgrading to Ventura. As Leroy mentioned there's a new feature that is causing this issue and about all we can do is ignore them. I went thru and gave permission for them to run in background.

For example. Juuso Salonen is a developer of system tools and security apps.

Juuso Salonen is a developer of system tools and security apps. GotoMeeting is a Zoom type of conferencing app. Did you use it anytime in the past?

The Corsair software can be for their docks or controlling peripherals and RGB lights.

Do those sound familiar?

Feb 8, 2023 11:19 AM in response to CharPatton

CharPatton wrote:

Hi:

Almost certainly my ignorance, but recently (I ?THINK? starting with the upgrade to Ventura) I have started getting distracting notifications like this:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/a01d0250-15b8-4570-a848-89b91d141359

It's particularly weird since it occurs somewhat randomly, not just at start-up, restart, login, etc., but rather not for a few days and then all of a sudden when I'm just working away in some random app.

I've gone to Login Items Settings and see things like this:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/27bbf2dc-b30c-44fd-b6af-35e84e7ad792
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d716354e-a240-4bdb-ac51-6fd898e0b7f2

One problem is that I have no idea what app the error messages are referring to (Corsair Memory, Juuso Salonen, ...), and other listed applications I thought I had deleted a decade ago (GPG Suite).

There must be remnants of an incomplete un-install still triggering the alert.

You could simple allow and compare your results..(?)

or do a deep dive in an effort to root out/clean up old lingering files Kexts (kernel extensions,) etc.

You can get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

google search ones you do not recognize if concerned—from your example above < Juuso Salonen, >

these are developer name(s) that sign the software...https://github.com/juuso go from there in your research if in doubt.

Feb 9, 2023 10:34 AM in response to CharPatton

I have seen another thread about issues with Background Items, not sure if it is the identical issue (saw it several weeks ago). In that other thread an Apple third party developer informed us that this "Background" feature being now being presented to the user is not documented at all. This developer has mentioned that Apple has not even provided any documentation to developers on how to design their apps to work with this new "feature". Some apps seem to have no issues, while other apps trigger these notifications. Seems like this is something Apple will need to resolve one way or another....either fixing this "feature" or providing proper documentation to developer so third party apps can be updated to work correctly with Ventura. Unfortunately I don't have a link to that thread where this third party developer explained the issue with more details.

Background Items Added???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.