Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting photos in recents, streaming, and import!

I understand deleting photos in the Library and I want to manage them.

However, my Recents, Import, and streaming are all full of these same pics.

Can I delete these copies and just have the Library copies.

All these other albums seem to a waste of space.

Thanx

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 1:23 PM

The photos you are seeing in Recents, Import, and other automatically generated albums are no copies.

You are seeing the same items in many different views. Photos is showing you the photos of the library in many readymade views, the albums Recents and imports , Media, etc, are all showing a selection of the same photos, sorted specific for this album. They are not wasting space and just offered for your convenience, because we cannot create these views on our own.

For example, Recents is showing you the library sorted by the oldest date added, while All Photos is sorted by the oldest capture date. Imports is also sorted by the oldest date added like Recents, but only showing the subset of imported photos.

It you delete a photo from the Recents, Import, etc, from any album Photos has created for you, you will be deleting it from the the library and all other albums as well.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 1:23 PM in response to charlesfromjacksonville beach

The photos you are seeing in Recents, Import, and other automatically generated albums are no copies.

You are seeing the same items in many different views. Photos is showing you the photos of the library in many readymade views, the albums Recents and imports , Media, etc, are all showing a selection of the same photos, sorted specific for this album. They are not wasting space and just offered for your convenience, because we cannot create these views on our own.

For example, Recents is showing you the library sorted by the oldest date added, while All Photos is sorted by the oldest capture date. Imports is also sorted by the oldest date added like Recents, but only showing the subset of imported photos.

It you delete a photo from the Recents, Import, etc, from any album Photos has created for you, you will be deleting it from the the library and all other albums as well.

deleting photos in recents, streaming, and import!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.