You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjust Volume for Individual Applications on iPad

Is there a way to adjust volume on specific applications on iPad. I use my iPad on my workouts, and I want to have music in the background while listening to the personal trainer application, but only at half volume so I can hear the trainer.

I don’t see a way on the device, or even through a third party application to do this function. Please advise.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:48 PM

"Adjust Volume for Individual Applications on iPad: Is there a way to adjust volume on specific applications on iPad. I use my iPad on my workouts, and I want to have music in the background while listening to the personal trainer applications[...]"

-------

Maneuvering Audio Between Apps:

No. You can only play audio off of one app at a time. As for changing the audio on one app, only those with volume controls (i.e. media players) can do so.

Recommend this to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what their customer prefer, and what to include in models to come.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how it can help others
  4. Proceed form there as necess
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2023 6:48 PM in response to JexelJenkins

"Adjust Volume for Individual Applications on iPad: Is there a way to adjust volume on specific applications on iPad. I use my iPad on my workouts, and I want to have music in the background while listening to the personal trainer applications[...]"

-------

Maneuvering Audio Between Apps:

No. You can only play audio off of one app at a time. As for changing the audio on one app, only those with volume controls (i.e. media players) can do so.

Recommend this to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what their customer prefer, and what to include in models to come.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how it can help others
  4. Proceed form there as necess

Feb 8, 2023 7:27 PM in response to JexelJenkins

"Adjust Volume for Individual Applications on iPad: Yes multiple apps play at the same time. I am using both Centr (fitness app) and Tidal (audio app) and Tidal is very loud and Centr is overblown with the Tidal music when I am trying to listen to the trainers."

-------

To Clarify:

If you talking about apps within apps, then they will play. But they won't play while on the phone (unless using an overruling app like Zoom). Phone is its own app.

Adjust Volume for Individual Applications on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.