Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why when i update my iphone it says it is paused?

why when i update my iphone it says paused?

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:24 PM

Hey there,

Make sure your iPhone is connected to a power source and good Wi-Fi network and restart your iPhone and see if the update continues. Using a VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the iOS update servers.

If these steps don’t help, go through the steps in this link for help with completing the update ☞ Get help with over-the-air iOS updates

If you continue to have issues downloading or installing the update, try using a computer with iTunes to complete the process. You can find more info on how to do this here ☞ Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 9:24 PM in response to johnroyrivera

Hey there,

Make sure your iPhone is connected to a power source and good Wi-Fi network and restart your iPhone and see if the update continues. Using a VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the iOS update servers.

If these steps don’t help, go through the steps in this link for help with completing the update ☞ Get help with over-the-air iOS updates

If you continue to have issues downloading or installing the update, try using a computer with iTunes to complete the process. You can find more info on how to do this here ☞ Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

why when i update my iphone it says it is paused?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.