Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm running Monterey Version 12.6.3 and will not work with a Brother MFC-9130cw printer/scanner What can I do?

I'm running Monterey Version 12.6.3 and will not work with a Brother MFC-9130cw printer/scanner What can I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 9:30 AM

Hi,

The Brother MFC-9130CW is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting Apple's AirPrint technology. This means that you should not need to install a printer driver, provided that the MFC-9130CW and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

You may have to reset the printing system first:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, try a full power-cycle sequence (including the router).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 9:30 AM in response to ek4vols

Hi,

The Brother MFC-9130CW is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting Apple's AirPrint technology. This means that you should not need to install a printer driver, provided that the MFC-9130CW and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

You may have to reset the printing system first:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, try a full power-cycle sequence (including the router).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.