Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new Apple watch SE pings every minute or so while charging on a combined Logitech phone and watch charger

I upgraded from my Series 4 watch to an SE, setting up the new watch today, 10th Feb 23. I use a Logitech brand combined phone and watch charger stand which is really handy so I dont want to be forced to use the Apple charger. I have not had any issues with the Logitech charger with the series 4 watch, only now seeing the problem post the upgrade to an SE Watch, which is really disappointing – you dont expect buying the latest model to introduce a problem like this.

I hope Apple are going to do something about this and advise their customers as it is a really poor way to reward customers for upgrading their watch – ref all the disgruntled customers commenting here and on various forums.

I will try the recommendation to put the phone in silent when I go to sleep but I would have thought "Do not disturb" should be enough and has the benefit that I can just set it on for a defined period of time - eg. "Till tomorrow morning". This ping is pointless anyway just being nuisance noise.

Of note however, all of the “workarounds” noted on this and other forums, whilst somewhat helpful do not address what is a **** poor aspect of this upgrade – Apple, please fix ASAP, and let your customers know when done so they dont have to keep frigging around with unnecessary workarounds.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 5:56 AM

"...however I dont think Apple should be putting their customers on an upgrade merry go round..."

But without continuous improvements and making use of the latest technologies, they'd still be on Series 1 and in fact, there wouldn't have been a need to give the first version a number, they could have just called it an Watch.

I've seen the combo chargers like what you are talking about, I even thought about getting one.

Hey! I just thought of something... Have you thought about running your case by Logitech to see what they would have to say? I'd hate for you to go out and buy a new one only to find out that it does the same thing as your old one. I would bet that Logitech could provide you with some great information about what is going on and if they have improved their design any at all.

If you do contact them, please come back and share your findings 🙏

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 5:56 AM in response to David_R1

"...however I dont think Apple should be putting their customers on an upgrade merry go round..."

But without continuous improvements and making use of the latest technologies, they'd still be on Series 1 and in fact, there wouldn't have been a need to give the first version a number, they could have just called it an Watch.

I've seen the combo chargers like what you are talking about, I even thought about getting one.

Hey! I just thought of something... Have you thought about running your case by Logitech to see what they would have to say? I'd hate for you to go out and buy a new one only to find out that it does the same thing as your old one. I would bet that Logitech could provide you with some great information about what is going on and if they have improved their design any at all.

If you do contact them, please come back and share your findings 🙏

Feb 10, 2023 5:44 AM in response to David_R1

Two things:

We are all just fellow Apple product users just like you, Apple isn't seeing your post.

You'll have better luck reaching Apple by following this link:

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Secondly, this "ping"...

Is it the same ping sound that I hear when I place my Apple Watch on my Apple charger and the charging process begins? If so, it sounds like your watch starts charging *Ping*, then stops, then starts again *Ping*

I realize that you said that it didn't do it with your Series 4 but those came out several years ago and you're still using the charger. Do you suppose that Logitech may have made changes to their charger over the years and maybe a new charger would be better designed for the latest watches? I just wonder.

Feb 10, 2023 7:50 PM in response to Pilerman

Thanks Pilerman

I had been naively assuming Apple sponsored/monitored this forum.

To your questions,

• Yes it is the same ping as when I place my Apple Watch on my Apple charger and the charging process begins
  • Re. the suggestion of possible upgrades to the Logitech charger since the purchase of mine, that could be the case however I dont think Apple should be putting their customers on an upgrade merry go round - I would hope my upgraded watch has backwards device compatability as much as is reasonable. Also I note a number of users on various forums with the same problem referring to it occurring using the apple charger.

Incidentally, I have confirmed that putting the watch on silent as suggested on this forum is a viable interim workaround. Thankyou

Feb 11, 2023 7:42 AM in response to David_R1

I've read about other people with a Logitech charging stand having similar issues. Pilerman, is right. You should contact Logitech. Apple doesn't own them and has no control over their chargers.

I have a new Insignia 3-in-1 Charging stand, which is "Made of MagSafe" and "Made for Apple Watch" and the newest Apple Watch Ultra. It works perfectly with my Ultra.

The issue is with the Logitech and Apple can't fix that for you.

Brand new Apple watch SE pings every minute or so while charging on a combined Logitech phone and watch charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.