Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound goes off on MacBook until I restart

My speakers go off on my MacBook m1 air until I restart since I updated to Ventura 13.1

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 3:34 PM

Salutations aderounmu145,

The issue you are describing could be caused by the macOS Ventura 13.1 update.

I would start off with resetting the NVRAM. The NVRAM stores information about system settings, like speaker volume. To reset the NVRAM, shut down your MacBook, then hold down Command + Option + P + R keys until the Apple logo appears twice.

If the issue still persists then I would reset the SMC. The SMC controls various functions of your MacBook, including audio. To reset the SMC, shut down your MacBook, then hold down the Control + Option + Shift + Power button for 10 seconds. Release the keys and turn on your MacBook.

If the issue continues to persist you can try reinstalling macOS.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 3:34 PM in response to aderounmu145

Salutations aderounmu145,

The issue you are describing could be caused by the macOS Ventura 13.1 update.

I would start off with resetting the NVRAM. The NVRAM stores information about system settings, like speaker volume. To reset the NVRAM, shut down your MacBook, then hold down Command + Option + P + R keys until the Apple logo appears twice.

If the issue still persists then I would reset the SMC. The SMC controls various functions of your MacBook, including audio. To reset the SMC, shut down your MacBook, then hold down the Control + Option + Shift + Power button for 10 seconds. Release the keys and turn on your MacBook.

If the issue continues to persist you can try reinstalling macOS.

Cheers!

Sound goes off on MacBook until I restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.