Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to send a photo from my iPhone to someone's email (rather than sending a text)?

Is there a way to send a photo from my iPhone to someone's email (rather than sending a text)?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 12:16 PM

It could be that you have not yet set up an email account on your iPhone. To do so, look for the "Mail" app icon somewhere on your iPhone's home screen (it looks like a white envelope on a blue background), then launch the app and fill in all the necessary fields to access you email account. Once you do that, you should be able to use email on the iPhone. You can send someone an email with a photo in it several ways, the easiest being to (as described above) "share" a selected photo, then choose email" as the option; its also possible to just create an email to the person on the iPhone, then "attach" the photo to the email.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 12:16 PM in response to J0yTr0yer

It could be that you have not yet set up an email account on your iPhone. To do so, look for the "Mail" app icon somewhere on your iPhone's home screen (it looks like a white envelope on a blue background), then launch the app and fill in all the necessary fields to access you email account. Once you do that, you should be able to use email on the iPhone. You can send someone an email with a photo in it several ways, the easiest being to (as described above) "share" a selected photo, then choose email" as the option; its also possible to just create an email to the person on the iPhone, then "attach" the photo to the email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.