Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini pro M2 ethernet issue?

My M2 Mac mini pro 32/19 is having big time ethernet issues. (Web pages load slow3-5 seconds or more), online games have latency and fortunately my music software isn't affected. Wi-fi works but not fully since I don't have a wi-fi6 router. I have a 1g up/down internet connection and the M1 Mac mini I also own is not suffering any of these issues. tried multiple cables, ports etc. The weird thing is a speed test shows no speed issues. It is just the apps and safari. I can't figure this out. Could there be an ethernet driver issue?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 4:04 AM

I also just received a new MacMini Pro. As long as I was on Wifi I had no issues with internet speed. As soon as I switched to Ethernet there there is a noticeable slow down. My packet loses when hardwired was consistently 60-70%. I got the packet loses down to 0% by changing the Ethernet hardware configuration to "Manually" (the default is Automatic). You change the hardware configuration via the system settings (system settings > network > Ethernet > Details... > Hardware).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 4:04 AM in response to plsfixit

I also just received a new MacMini Pro. As long as I was on Wifi I had no issues with internet speed. As soon as I switched to Ethernet there there is a noticeable slow down. My packet loses when hardwired was consistently 60-70%. I got the packet loses down to 0% by changing the Ethernet hardware configuration to "Manually" (the default is Automatic). You change the hardware configuration via the system settings (system settings > network > Ethernet > Details... > Hardware).

Mac mini pro M2 ethernet issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.