📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is SOS mode. And why is my phone stuck in it.

How do I get my phone out of SOS mode it just says SOS only in the top right

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 1:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 8:31 PM

Mine is also stuck. I have toggled airplane mode off and on, turned off/ on cellular data, restarted my phone multiple times, hard restarted it multiple times, removed SIM card (sim is about 15 months old) cleaned port and inspected SIM card. I even just updated my phone to iOS 16.3.1 on February 13, 2023 and still it is stuck in SOS mode.

I had to connect to Wi-Fi because the phone is useless for communication when it is in SOS

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2023 8:31 PM in response to John_trazh

Mine is also stuck. I have toggled airplane mode off and on, turned off/ on cellular data, restarted my phone multiple times, hard restarted it multiple times, removed SIM card (sim is about 15 months old) cleaned port and inspected SIM card. I even just updated my phone to iOS 16.3.1 on February 13, 2023 and still it is stuck in SOS mode.

I had to connect to Wi-Fi because the phone is useless for communication when it is in SOS

What is SOS mode. And why is my phone stuck in it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.