Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep app

How do I turn of the sleep app early and still keep the sleep data, on a rare occasion my watch will notice I’m awake and offer to turn of the sleep app, if I turn it off manually it losses the data

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 6:21 AM

The Sleep Tracking requires a minimum of 4 hours. For these times that you wake up early and it asks you if you're up for the day, have you had less than 4 hours?

I have my Sleep Schedule starting at 10pm and my wake-up time set for 6am but often times I get up at 5:30am. I don't lose any of the data when I end it early.

What are your scheduled times? Does it need to be edited in order for it to track your sleep for at least four hours?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 6:21 AM in response to N-abo

The Sleep Tracking requires a minimum of 4 hours. For these times that you wake up early and it asks you if you're up for the day, have you had less than 4 hours?

I have my Sleep Schedule starting at 10pm and my wake-up time set for 6am but often times I get up at 5:30am. I don't lose any of the data when I end it early.

What are your scheduled times? Does it need to be edited in order for it to track your sleep for at least four hours?

Feb 11, 2023 7:07 AM in response to N-abo

You can follow these steps to see what your Sleep Schedule times are currently set to:

From your paired iPhone, open the Health app. Click "Browse" in the lower right corner of the screen. Scroll to and click on "Sleep". Scroll down to a section called "Full Schedule & Options" and read what the times are.

You can also click on the header and it'll open to your schedule. You can edit the schedule by clicking "Edit".

Make sure that your starting time is at least four hours before the time that you might be waking up early. So in other words, you might need to adjust the beginning time to an earlier time in case you wake up early.

Sleep app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.