Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does AppleCare+ cover liquid damage to my MacBook Air?

I recently purchased applecare protection plan did it cover liquid damages?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:53 AM

In the U.S., accidental damage is covered subject to a $299 service fee (or $99 for external enclosure or screen damage). See: AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Full details are in https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/2209/220907_applecareplusmac_us.pdf

That document includes the word "liquid" in two places. See excerpt below:

If during the Plan Term you submit a valid claim notifying Apple that the Covered Device has failed due to accidental damage from handling resulting from an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g., drops and damages caused by liquid contact from spills) (“ADH”), Apple will, at its discretion and subject to the service fee described below, either (i) repair the defect using new or previously used genuine Apple parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements, or (ii) exchange the Covered Device with a replacement product that is new or comprised of new and/or previously used genuine Apple parts and has been tested and passed Apple functional requirements. Exclusions apply as described below.

and

What is not Covered?

(d) To repair damage, including excessive physical damage (e.g., products that have been crushed, bent or submerged in liquid), caused by reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct, or any use of the Covered Equipment in a manner not normal or intended by Apple;

Read the entire document for full details and note again that the above applies to the U.S.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 8:53 AM in response to jayaprakashmanda

In the U.S., accidental damage is covered subject to a $299 service fee (or $99 for external enclosure or screen damage). See: AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Full details are in https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/2209/220907_applecareplusmac_us.pdf

That document includes the word "liquid" in two places. See excerpt below:

If during the Plan Term you submit a valid claim notifying Apple that the Covered Device has failed due to accidental damage from handling resulting from an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g., drops and damages caused by liquid contact from spills) (“ADH”), Apple will, at its discretion and subject to the service fee described below, either (i) repair the defect using new or previously used genuine Apple parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements, or (ii) exchange the Covered Device with a replacement product that is new or comprised of new and/or previously used genuine Apple parts and has been tested and passed Apple functional requirements. Exclusions apply as described below.

and

What is not Covered?

(d) To repair damage, including excessive physical damage (e.g., products that have been crushed, bent or submerged in liquid), caused by reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct, or any use of the Covered Equipment in a manner not normal or intended by Apple;

Read the entire document for full details and note again that the above applies to the U.S.

Does AppleCare+ cover liquid damage to my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.