Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery health is dropping so fast

I recently bought new iPhone 13 in January 2023 it’s only been 1 month but my battery health dropped by 5 % (95).is the battery defective ? I usually play games with charger plugged in but…. Isn’t 5 % too much drop in 1 month . My battery won’t even last a year with this rate🥲 Any suggestions ?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 6:49 AM

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

It takes approximately 2 years to go from 100% to 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 6:49 AM in response to Duckwithwings

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

It takes approximately 2 years to go from 100% to 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Feb 11, 2023 6:36 AM in response to Duckwithwings

Duckwithwings ~ 5% isn't too much to drop in the first month as you don't know how long your iPhone 13 was stored in a supplier's warehouse before you bought it. But, in general, you can expect the battery's maximum capacity to decrease 1% every 1 or 2 months. Monitor the battery health over the next few months to see if it settles down to that normal rate of decline.

õ¿õ¬

My battery health is dropping so fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.