Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screenshot app not working with ventura

Hi all,

I just finished upgrading my MacBook Pro from macOS Big Sur to Ventura.

Everything seems working except the screenshot app. That doesn't start up, no clue what to do.

Anyone that knows what is going on?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Greets,

Dany

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:30 AM

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 8:30 AM in response to DanyDD

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

screenshot app not working with ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.