Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not syncing between ipad and macbook pro

I added some new contacts on my iPad and set up a list. Neither the new contacts or the list appear on my MacBook Pro contacts. I have tried syncing by connecting them by cable and also gone onto the iCloud. In the end I have had to put them all in in my contacts on the MacBook again and make the list again. The new list I made on the MacBook does not appear on my phone or iPad. I have turned everything off and everything on again. What is going on? I would welcome some help on this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 9:14 AM

Ensure that you have enabled iCloud Contacts on both your iPad and Mac - as described in the iCloud User Guide:

Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

For iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Apps Using iCloud] Show All > Contacts - set to ON

2 replies

Contacts not syncing between ipad and macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.