New contacts not syncing from iphone 14 pro to macbook pro

I get new contacts regularly with my job, I enter them on my iphone and then when i go to text them from my macbook they all come up as just numbers. the contacts are not syncing between the two. After searching in here i saw they asked to go to iclould.com to se if the new contacts were there. they are not. I also checked the setting in my phone and the contacts are set to sync.

Please help!

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 12:39 AM

See the article What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

If you aren’t using iMessage, you can use SMS/MMS. These messages are texts and photos that you send to other cell phones or another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. SMS/MMS messages aren't encrypted and appear in green text bubbles on your device.

iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to another iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac over Wi-Fi or cellular-data networks. These messages are always encrypted and appear in blue text bubbles. To turn iMessage on or off, go to Settings > Messages.

note : you can't send contacts using text messages , contacts will be synced with Mac / iPhone when they are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , in which contacts are added in your Mac address book , the contacts box must be turned as on in iPhone / Mac Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Those contacts will be reflected in www.icloud.com see View contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 12:39 AM in response to mama_woolf13

See the article What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

If you aren’t using iMessage, you can use SMS/MMS. These messages are texts and photos that you send to other cell phones or another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. SMS/MMS messages aren't encrypted and appear in green text bubbles on your device.

iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to another iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac over Wi-Fi or cellular-data networks. These messages are always encrypted and appear in blue text bubbles. To turn iMessage on or off, go to Settings > Messages.

note : you can't send contacts using text messages , contacts will be synced with Mac / iPhone when they are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , in which contacts are added in your Mac address book , the contacts box must be turned as on in iPhone / Mac Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Those contacts will be reflected in www.icloud.com see View contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

New contacts not syncing from iphone 14 pro to macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.