Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a title that looks like "Blur", but with a png logo?

Hi,

Maybe this is a silly question, but: is there a way to create a title that looks and behaves like the standard "Blur" title that ships with FCPX (blur in from left-to-right, and then later blur out the same direction), but instead of using text it would use a (transparent) .png (or other format) logo?

Or that something that would have to be made custom/manually with Motion (which I do also have, but haven't really gotten into using yet)

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 10:44 AM

Of course it’s possible, and you have the tools for it.

Control-click the Blur title and choose Open a Copy in Motion.

Once there, you can delete or disable the text, and add a Drop Zone. Then save it, give it a name (the default will be Blur copy), and you can put any image, or clip, in said Drop Zone in FCP.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 10:44 AM in response to dwarfland

Of course it’s possible, and you have the tools for it.

Control-click the Blur title and choose Open a Copy in Motion.

Once there, you can delete or disable the text, and add a Drop Zone. Then save it, give it a name (the default will be Blur copy), and you can put any image, or clip, in said Drop Zone in FCP.

Feb 11, 2023 11:06 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanx, that's exactly what i wa slooking for!

Excuse me for being a total Motion noob and asking one more silly question, but I now have this in Motion, with the blur effects still ties to the text. how can I "move" these onto the logo image I added? Dragging doesn't work, and while I can "copy" (or cut) them, it seems I can't paste 'em back onto the layer that has image... I'm sure i'm juist being stupid 🙃.

Thanx!

Feb 13, 2023 3:38 AM in response to dwarfland

I have made a simple Title in Motion with a drop zone, to which you can add you own logo.

It starts and ends blurred. I used Gaussian Blur.

Feel free to use it and adapt it as you see fit.

Just unzip the file and place it in a proper location under

~/Movies/Motion Templates.localized/Titles.localized/(category of your choosing)

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d5d80295918c069b7390a90426a12af720230213113510/f46a00378de9a6e90a6a9ea68901ced120230213113529/5b5d71

Create a title that looks like "Blur", but with a png logo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.