Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro Battery swollen

My iphone 14 pro battery got swollen I went to store they replaced the battery but even I have Apple care plus I didn’t get express replacement and now with the new battery installed the device gets heated while charging I just don’t know why I can’t get express replacement.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:02 PM

Express Replacement is when they ship you a replacement device before you send the current one back. This requires a hold of the phone value on a credit card until they receive the other phone in replacement.

You set up an Express Replacement by calling or chatting support. If you go into an Apple Store they are going to assess and if it can be repaired, they will do a repair on the necessary parts. In store replacements are only if it's beyond repairability.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 3:02 PM in response to mohab292

Express Replacement is when they ship you a replacement device before you send the current one back. This requires a hold of the phone value on a credit card until they receive the other phone in replacement.

You set up an Express Replacement by calling or chatting support. If you go into an Apple Store they are going to assess and if it can be repaired, they will do a repair on the necessary parts. In store replacements are only if it's beyond repairability.

Feb 11, 2023 5:55 PM in response to mohab292

It’s called the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Anything that creates or uses energy does so with some loss. That lost energy is expressed as heat. So when you charge the phone it generates heat in the power source, heat in the charger circuit in the phone, and heat as the energy goes into the battery. The faster the charging, the more heat is generated. Likewise when you discharge the battery; not all of the energy from the battery gets to the circuits that use it. Some of it becomes heat. 

iPhone 14 pro Battery swollen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.