Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro max battery swollen

hi, I got a iPhone 14 pro max from cool blue 1 month and week ago and now my battery is swollen

What are the option to do ?

Will I get new phone if I go to Apple Store of I need to go to cool blue for replacement?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 9:59 AM

Stop using the phone immediately. Do not plug it in. A swollen battery is one that can, in theory, get hot enough to cause a fire.

As noted above, you should contact Apple for information on what they can do for you.

4 replies

Apr 12, 2023 8:08 PM in response to gilles80

A swollen battery after a month would clearly be a covered defect under the limited warranty. As long as it doesn't show any signs of damage that aren't a result of the swollen battery, you should be able to get a replacement at an Apple Store regardless of where you got it as long as the first sale from an authorized dealer was within the warranty period.

Whether or not a suitable replacement is in stock is another matter. I've gone to Apple Stores where I needed a replacement device and they were never able to give me any real time availability unless they determined that my device was eligible either under warranty or if I was willing to pay the service replacement cost. For iPhones, they will only replace with the exact same model, color, storage capacity, and (I think) carrier if it was a carrier locked phone. And they usually don't replace them out of retail stock, but will need to have replacement devices. It wasn't an iPhone, but I had an iPad replaced recently and at an Apple Store they found a "white box" replacement unit was in stock at a nearby store where they were waiting for me. Not sure what you have (coolblue is in the Netherlands?) but it may be something that needs to be ordered.

And before going, it's probably a good idea to back up your iPhones's environment - preferably to a PC or Mac and then turn it off with the swollen battery. They may or may not give you an opportunity to transfer the contents at an Apple Store.

iPhone 14 pro max battery swollen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.