Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor iPhone 14 pro max sound

My first iPhone and am so disappointed in music quality lacking bass unless played loud. I have tried various earbuds that sounded great on my previous android device. The equalizer settings change very little in sound difference. Is this normal for iPhone to have little low end bass?

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:00 PM

Genedog1 Said:

"Poor iPhone 14 pro max sound: My first iPhone and am so disappointed in music quality lacking bass unless played loud. I have tried various earbuds that sounded great on my previous android device. The equalizer settings change very little in sound difference. Is this normal for iPhone to have little low end bass?"

-------

iPhone Low-Quality Sound:

Yes. This is normal. iPhones are not intended to be of high-quality, when it comes to bass and treble. iPhone are just mobile devices, meant for on-the-go.

Troubleshooting iPhone Sound:

Refer to these Two Links:

A Few Other Links that May Help:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 8:00 PM in response to Genedog1

Genedog1 Said:

"Poor iPhone 14 pro max sound: My first iPhone and am so disappointed in music quality lacking bass unless played loud. I have tried various earbuds that sounded great on my previous android device. The equalizer settings change very little in sound difference. Is this normal for iPhone to have little low end bass?"

-------

Yes. This is normal. iPhones are not intended to be of high-quality, when it comes to bass and treble. iPhone are just mobile devices, meant for on-the-go.

Troubleshooting iPhone Sound:

Refer to these Two Links:

A Few Other Links that May Help:

Feb 15, 2023 6:31 PM in response to Genedog1

Genedog1 Said:

"Poor iPhone 14 pro max sound:"

-------

EarPods Sound:

Q1. "I really expected better sound through my headphones. I have Beats Pro and Sennheiser earbuds that sound great on my android devices. I listen to music and streaming services so much.[...]"

A1. EarPods (i.e. Beats Pro) have their own settings for Bass and Treble. Are just not giving you higher, superior output that that of your iPhone? If so, I'd say that's an entirely different issue in its own to sort out.

Not Meeting Expectations:

Q2. "This is crazy when phones are used for so much more than on the go devices. [...]Hopefully something Apple can improve on at some point."

A2. Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that you want this to be an option, and why. Include this URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Poor iPhone 14 pro max sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.