Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for safe and recommended AD blocker

Both in my iMac (macOS) and iPhone (iOS)…

Looking for safe and recommended AD blocker.

I've tried a few software but needed to agree to their extension options to permit access to the websites and see my personal information including financial and other data.

Any proven software recommendations will be appreciated.

thanks.

iMac

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 12:57 PM

Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided with an Ad Blocker. It needs to have access to see the website you visit in order to sort out the advertisements. Ad Blockers, like when using 3rd Party VPN is a matter of trust.

I personally dare to trust the big Ad Blockers, such as Ad Guard. I see it this way, you can either choose to share your data with EVERYONE without an Ad Blocker, or share it with one company you hope you can trust.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 12:57 PM in response to rony-z

Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided with an Ad Blocker. It needs to have access to see the website you visit in order to sort out the advertisements. Ad Blockers, like when using 3rd Party VPN is a matter of trust.

I personally dare to trust the big Ad Blockers, such as Ad Guard. I see it this way, you can either choose to share your data with EVERYONE without an Ad Blocker, or share it with one company you hope you can trust.

Looking for safe and recommended AD blocker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.