Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting notifications on call

Has Apple dealt with the fact of notifications (Audio) coming through he speakers while you are on a call? This seems like it would be something very basic that they would have dealt with some time ago though they have not. This a UX problem that is extremely annoying and in some cases almost deafening.

The code to do this should be extremely simple for them to implement. I know I ma venting and it is quite possible that they have handled this in iOS 16.x but I cannot find it on my phone nor can I find any reference to it anywhere online.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 12:08 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2023 7:21 PM in response to erikbock

Seems you can choose settings to use "Do Not Disturb" when using an app

Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Eg: "Under Turn on Automatically, set Do Not Disturb to turn on automatically at a certain time, location, or while using a certain app".

or

Learn more about using Focus to stay in the moment by filtering notifications based on what you’re currently doing.

Eg: "If you want to concentrate on an activity that's different from any of the provided Focus options, you can create a Custom Focus".

Getting notifications on call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.