Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot launch mail

Mail app will not launch on Mac Pro (happened after latest update Ventura)

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 11:17 AM

Thank you for your reply. After several hours I gave up and contacted Apple online chat and after about 90 minutes, he got it working so far as receiving mail Then I went to the local Apple store and with three techs working on it, they couldn't fix it so that I could send from the app. Appears to be a problem with my internet and mail provider Cox.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 11:17 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you for your reply. After several hours I gave up and contacted Apple online chat and after about 90 minutes, he got it working so far as receiving mail Then I went to the local Apple store and with three techs working on it, they couldn't fix it so that I could send from the app. Appears to be a problem with my internet and mail provider Cox.

Feb 14, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Dustbandit

Dustbandit wrote:

Mail app will not launch on Mac Pro (happened after latest update Ventura)

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

unplug all third party peripherals

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Reboot as normal and test your Mail, relaunch the app holding the Shift key down and compare your results

cannot launch mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.