Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages backround usage

The battery on my iPhone is draining very quickly. I almost checked the background usage and saw that Messages consumes me the most (about 4-5 hours of background activity) Does anyone know how to reduce it or turn it off

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 10:13 AM

Hello St4le,

I guess it's pretty obvious if you compare both screens, the Avg Screen On from your screenshot shows that you use your iPhone extensively, 6+ hours it's quite a lot of usage (I can't blame you for, iPhone it's an awesome device) this clearly seems to be the main reason why your battery drains so fast, is not a certain app.

Cheers

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 10:13 AM in response to St4le

Hello St4le,

I guess it's pretty obvious if you compare both screens, the Avg Screen On from your screenshot shows that you use your iPhone extensively, 6+ hours it's quite a lot of usage (I can't blame you for, iPhone it's an awesome device) this clearly seems to be the main reason why your battery drains so fast, is not a certain app.

Cheers

Feb 12, 2023 3:37 PM in response to iOmne

Hi iOmne,

My lighting is automatic, I already use the dark theme, I turned off background app refresh, I did almost everything to save battery life. I also did a force reset. As much as I have heard stories that the battery on the iPhone 14 is good, it disappoints me so much. I don't know if I had too high expectations from the battery.

Feb 12, 2023 3:19 PM in response to St4le

Hi St4le

It would help If you could post more details about your iPhone's battery status, but overall the battery drainage is not only from those percentages you see in that list of apps, but from the display's brightness as well, so either try lowering a little the brightness, and why not, try using Dark Mode, and a darker wallpaper.

Cheers

Messages backround usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.