Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the Apple TV Gen 3 is stuck on data & privacy screen.

The Apple TV is 3rd Generation and it is plugged via ethernet cable to my local network.

I use my remote control also cannot choose continue or learn more,

is it have any solution to solve it?

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:17 AM

Please use the button combination procedure instead.

1. Unlinking any previous remote: press and hold the Menu and Left buttons for up to six seconds. On screen, look for broken link symbol above an icon of a remote.
  2. Linking the (new) remote: press and hold the Menu and Right buttons for up to six seconds. On screen, look for a linked chain symbol above an icon of a remote.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 7:17 AM in response to jia150

Please use the button combination procedure instead.

1. Unlinking any previous remote: press and hold the Menu and Left buttons for up to six seconds. On screen, look for broken link symbol above an icon of a remote.
  2. Linking the (new) remote: press and hold the Menu and Right buttons for up to six seconds. On screen, look for a linked chain symbol above an icon of a remote.

Feb 13, 2023 1:58 AM in response to jia150

Is this about the older HD 3rd generation model, or about the latest 4K 3rd generation model?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

Possibly the linking or pairing between the box and the remote is lost, and needs to be re-established.

the Apple TV Gen 3 is stuck on data & privacy screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.