Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t download apps due to billing issue

I have a subscription for brainly and when I got charged I didn’t have enough money to pay for it so now every time I try to download any apps I get asked to provide payment information even if the app is free, I canceled the subscription and still cannot download anything, and there is no help on the internet for this issue anywhere :(

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 2:09 AM

As long as there are payments to be made, and your Apple balance does not cover these, you can't download any other apps, even if they are for free.

You can use Apple Gift Cards dot pay for your subscription and try to get a refund after you canceled the subscription:

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 2:09 AM in response to Huntey77

As long as there are payments to be made, and your Apple balance does not cover these, you can't download any other apps, even if they are for free.

You can use Apple Gift Cards dot pay for your subscription and try to get a refund after you canceled the subscription:

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2023 5:16 AM in response to Huntey77

From: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

- "You might need to have a payment method on file, even if the app that you want to download is free."

If you have something else on your account that requires a payment method, such as a subscription, and your current payment method is not working then Apple won't let you download even free things until you fix the payment method. This is explained in this document, 'If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store' - If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Can’t download apps due to billing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.