Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signatures won't save on my mac mail

I'm running version 16 of Mac Mail and I use several signatures which won't save anymore. It's very time consuming adding them every time. I've checked discussions and haven't found a solution that works.

I've reset my NVRAMs and restarted in safe mode. Nothing works.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 9:25 AM

cornercube wrote:

I'm running version 16 of Mac Mail and I use several signatures which won't save anymore. It's very time consuming adding them every time. I've checked discussions and haven't found a solution that works.

I would delete all signatures then for problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account(s) from the Mail.app, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if necessary verify from Internet Accounts removed

Use your internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

“On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Then create and add signature back in, from All Signature drag your preferred to the Account you want to use the sig.

ref: Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 9:25 AM in response to cornercube

cornercube wrote:

I would delete all signatures then for problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account(s) from the Mail.app, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if necessary verify from Internet Accounts removed

Use your internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

“On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Then create and add signature back in, from All Signature drag your preferred to the Account you want to use the sig.

ref: Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Signatures won't save on my mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.