Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I open a word document forom the cloud in Pages if I don't have word installed on my new Mac air

Can I open a word document from the cloud in Pages(from my Mac Book Pro if I don't have word installed on my new Mac air?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.4

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 9:12 AM

Yes. Pages on Mac will open Word documents just fine, the Word app is not required at all. It will convert them into a Pages document, and you will need to export back out to a Word document if you wish to retain that file format.

Do note, some differences in layout and formatting may occur during the translation process from Word to Pages and then from Pages to Word.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 9:12 AM in response to Delmar3

Yes. Pages on Mac will open Word documents just fine, the Word app is not required at all. It will convert them into a Pages document, and you will need to export back out to a Word document if you wish to retain that file format.

Do note, some differences in layout and formatting may occur during the translation process from Word to Pages and then from Pages to Word.

Can I open a word document forom the cloud in Pages if I don't have word installed on my new Mac air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.