Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everything my mom has saved to icloud is on my phone

Hello! My phone was recently stolen so I borrowed my moms phone and logged in to my apple id on her phone promptly logging out when I was done. I now have a new phone and when logging in all my mom's icloud save data is on my phone.

I read a community answer on here with a similar question stating, this is only possible if the same Apple ID was used when setting up both phones but they definitely weren't or if we share an Apple ID which we do not do either.

On her phone everything is as normal, she has no access to my passwords, photos, etc. Also under find my the phones are listed under the correct names. How do I get rid of my mom's icloud data without deleting my own? Thank you in advance for any help.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 11:39 AM

If you signed into her phone then her phone content may have been transferred to your iCloud and then onto your new phone. You will have to hand-delete the things you do not want.

You can use another person's phone to help find a lost phone but you shouldn't sign into it fully.

Read this support article to find out how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item. Click here --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

- A person can use the Find My app on a device owned by someone in their Family Sharing group. Alternatively, anybody can sign into https://www.icloud.com/find to locate their device using a browser.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 11:39 AM in response to 2C-T-2

If you signed into her phone then her phone content may have been transferred to your iCloud and then onto your new phone. You will have to hand-delete the things you do not want.

You can use another person's phone to help find a lost phone but you shouldn't sign into it fully.

Read this support article to find out how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item. Click here --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

- A person can use the Find My app on a device owned by someone in their Family Sharing group. Alternatively, anybody can sign into https://www.icloud.com/find to locate their device using a browser.

Everything my mom has saved to icloud is on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.