Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did they fixed the microphone orange dot that appears outside the dynamic island?

The microphone orange dot and the camera green dot appears outside the dynamic island when i switch between apps,

also the keyboard typing sound sometimes it is loud.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:18 PM

11 replies

Feb 13, 2023 1:42 PM in response to el_lumberjack

The pill-shaped “free space in the middle” - about to which I think you’re referring - are the sensors - there is no “active” screen there so NOTHING ever displays there. (although the Dynamic Island’s “rubbery contortions” do a GREAT job masquerading this fact)

In first pic, “Phone” is taking the dynamic island space immediately left and right of the “pill” so the dot is pushed out to the right … similar - but not identical - to where it is placed on all other phones.

In your 2nd pic, Phone is “off” so the orange dot has been relocated to sliver of the dynamic island between two sensor zones.

I’m sure a huge quantity of Apple design time was spent determining the prioritization and placement of Dynamic Island arrangements.

Feb 13, 2023 3:10 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Have you even read what I AM SAYING ???

Having an orange or green dot that keeps moving from middle to left, then left to middle is SO DISTRACTING to keep an eye on it !!!

how i am supposed to be aware of the microphone/camera access, if the dot keeps moving around rather than being CENTRED IN ONE PLACE.

THIS IS A BUG, THIS IS A VERY BAD IMPLEMENTATION AND MISUSE OF THE DYNAMIC ISLAND SLIVER.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPREHENSION SIR.

Feb 13, 2023 1:59 PM in response to Chattanoogan

you said “there is no active screen inside in the dynamic island”

well sir from where did you get this false information?

can you explain me how i am seeing right now an orange dot, inside the dynamic island and between the camera and the depth sensor ?

oh and by the way, there was an early bug in iOS 16, when you use the “smart invert”, the dynamic island changes color to a grey shade, and here it is CLEAR that the screen continues inside the island

i am upset of these kind of answers, instead of arguing in the bug, i found myself explaining iPhone basics, to apple fans experts !!!

Feb 13, 2023 1:30 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Omg, bro there is pixels inside the island, why apple push the dot out of it !!! How that makes sense to you or to apple !!!!

i am an IT engineer and as an engineer this is a bug that must be FIXED, because i am assuming that they just copy/paste the code of an IOS developed for a device with a notch.

we have pixels between the front facing camera and the depth sensor camera that NEEDS to be used in things like displaying microphone/camera dot, rather than pushing them straight to the right (or left in rtl mode) and being hard to see.

Did they fixed the microphone orange dot that appears outside the dynamic island?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.