Orange dot at top of screen

I have a small orange dot at the top right hand corner of my screen. It is not near the control centre but is instead over the time in the very corner of the screen. I know the orange dot is usually to show that the microphone is in use my I have no apps open that would use my microphone. Please can someone help me with this.

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 4:24 AM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2024 6:59 AM in response to Rachimoon

Yes, the orange dot usually means that the microphone is in use, but as you stated, you do not have any apps open that would use your microphone. The reason for the microphone indicator may be unclear as to why it is on, but there are some things you can check. Try opening Siri and closing it. In the event that the indicator is still there, then you can open Activity Monitor and check if any unknown apps are running in the background using your microphone. Alternatively, you can try a force shutdown this can be done by holding the power button until the screen turns off.

Orange dot at top of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.