Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore ipad as new

I was given an ipad from my sister and she restored the ipad to factory settings. However, it requires a passcode after the restore. I've put the ipad into recovery mode and attempted to do a restore as new. I continue to get an error that a network connection was reset and the restore fails.

After each restore, the ipad returns to the unknown passcode default.

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 7:44 PM

"restore ipad as new: I was given an ipad from my sister and she restored the ipad to factory settings. However, it requires a passcode after the restore.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Restore Password:

Tried this?: This is the site your sister needs to use: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. So, have her perform as instructed there, including the iCloud logout. You'd then set this up, with the new passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 7:44 PM in response to DevorahDeBaca

"restore ipad as new: I was given an ipad from my sister and she restored the ipad to factory settings. However, it requires a passcode after the restore.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Restore Password:

Tried this?: This is the site your sister needs to use: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. So, have her perform as instructed there, including the iCloud logout. You'd then set this up, with the new passcode.

restore ipad as new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.