Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop syncing my iPhone photos to my iPad? I don’t want to loss my photos on my iPhone

How can I stop syncing my iPhone photos to my iPad? I don’t want to loss my photos too

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 4:16 AM

Your iPad and iPhone synchronise their data via iCloud - and for photos, uses the iCloud Photos service. You can choose precisely which data sources and services are synchronised between devices from settings.

If you wish to stop your iPad from synchronising photos with your iPhone - but still want your iPhone to synchronise with iCloud so that your photos can still be accessed by other computers using a web-browser - you simply need to disable iCloud Photos on your iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > Sync This iPad - set to OFF

You may also wish to turn-off My Photo Stream in the same way.

More information about iCloud Photos can be found here:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 4:16 AM in response to el-med-98

Your iPad and iPhone synchronise their data via iCloud - and for photos, uses the iCloud Photos service. You can choose precisely which data sources and services are synchronised between devices from settings.

If you wish to stop your iPad from synchronising photos with your iPhone - but still want your iPhone to synchronise with iCloud so that your photos can still be accessed by other computers using a web-browser - you simply need to disable iCloud Photos on your iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > Sync This iPad - set to OFF

You may also wish to turn-off My Photo Stream in the same way.

More information about iCloud Photos can be found here:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2023 9:29 PM in response to el-med-98

el-med-98 Said:

"How can I stop syncing my iPhone photos to my iPad? I don’t want to loss my photos too"

-------

Disabling Photo Shard Between Two Devices:

Note that you cannot stop syncing between just to devices. You would need to dis able Photos in Settings on the iPad. If it is downloaded, it will stay on the iPad. If is not downloaded, it will stay in iCloud.

How can I stop syncing my iPhone photos to my iPad? I don’t want to loss my photos on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.