Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock my iPad screen please

Screen lock just says unavailable nothing else

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 6:13 AM

Hello,

I see you have a disabled iPad (the link at the end of a previous post directs you to solutions for an iPhone). Refer to this document for various methods you can use to resolve this depending upon your equipment specifications: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

These are the directions included in the previous post but the full document, to which I provide a link, contains additional information you may find useful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 6:13 AM in response to Jakuplatter

Hello,

I see you have a disabled iPad (the link at the end of a previous post directs you to solutions for an iPhone). Refer to this document for various methods you can use to resolve this depending upon your equipment specifications: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

These are the directions included in the previous post but the full document, to which I provide a link, contains additional information you may find useful.

Feb 14, 2023 4:26 AM in response to Jakuplatter

It seems like your iPad is in a security lockout.

Please follow these steps to unlock your iPad. In this process you will lose everything that you haven't backed up unfortunately

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try to enter your passcode five times until the "[Device] Unavailable" screen appears and your device asks you to try again later.
  2. When you're able to, continue to enter your passcode until the "Security Lockout" screen appears and you get the Erase [Device] option in the bottom corner of the screen.
  3. Tap Erase [Device], then tap Erase [Device] again to confirm.
  4. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on your device.
  5. Tap Erase [Device] to permanently delete all of your data and settings.
  6. When your device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your device again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new passcode.

If you can't follow these steps, you can use a computer to reset your device.

Unlock my iPad screen please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.