Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small dents appearing on screen despite extreme caution..

Hi all, I found loads of threads about this since finding a couple of tiny dents on my MBP screen yesterday.. I am extremely careful with my 2022 mbp and always keep it spotless and treat it like a baby, my previous 2011 MBA still looks brand new as I always look after my gear.. but I can't understand why this is happening? I know there are hundreds of similar cases out there of people getting dents or dimples despite them being very careful with their macbooks.. I am pretty disappointed because i spent two years saving for this macbook with extra ram and hdd.. its the most expensive laptop I have ever bought and it now has these little dents, one of them has a dead pixel behind it now right in the middle of the screen..

Has there been anything official on recognising this from apple in relation to replacement screen or anything under warranty?

Thanks all

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 4:59 AM

HeathenMack wrote:

Hi all, I found loads of threads about this since finding a couple of tiny dents on my MBP screen yesterday.. I am extremely careful with my 2022 mbp and always keep it spotless and treat it like a baby, my previous 2011 MBA still looks brand new as I always look after my gear.. but I can't understand why this is happening? I know there are hundreds of similar cases out there of people getting dents or dimples despite them being very careful with their macbooks.. I am pretty disappointed because i spent two years saving for this macbook with extra ram and hdd.. its the most expensive laptop I have ever bought and it now has these little dents, one of them has a dead pixel behind it now right in the middle of the screen..

Has there been anything official on recognising this from apple in relation to replacement screen or anything under warranty?

Thanks all

This would be a hardware issue— not resolved here.

You will have to take it in for assessment over the counter and go from there if there is an issue.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 4:59 AM in response to HeathenMack

HeathenMack wrote:

Thanks all

This would be a hardware issue— not resolved here.

You will have to take it in for assessment over the counter and go from there if there is an issue.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Mar 2, 2023 5:43 PM in response to HeathenMack

Same thing here. It’s a known issue with the 14 and 16 MacBook Pros since 2021. See links below. I have a 2021 Macbook Pro 14 M1 Pro bought in August 2022. 95% of the time the Macbook is docked, I’m extremely careful. Now I have 2 dents/dimples in the glass of the screen. This is just plain stupid. Last MacBook for a while. Apple is not impressive with the durability of their laptops. My girlfriend has a M1 MacBook Air since March 2021, she carries it around way more than me and it has no dents/dimples/scratches.

ROLLS EYES

Dimples / Dents / Holes on MacBook Pro 14… - Apple Community

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Small dents appearing on screen despite extreme caution..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.