Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to auto-trash Junk Mail

I must get at least 50 junk mails every day. Most do get moved to my Junk Mail folder but I'd prefer that they get moved to Trash. I've set up Rules to move Junk Mail received from many of the domains from which I receive it to Trash. But the Rules are only applied after forcing the rule to be applied by modifying a rule, clicking "OK," then selecting "Apply" to the "Do you want to apply your rules to messages in selected mailboxes?" dialog.

Is there some way to make this happen automatically? To make the Rules be applied automatically when Junk Mail is received?

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 11:50 AM

Will Mardis wrote:

I must get at least 50 junk mails every day. Most do get moved to my Junk Mail folder but I'd prefer that they get moved to Trash. I've set up Rules to move Junk Mail received from many of the domains from which I receive it to Trash. But the Rules are only applied after forcing the rule to be applied by modifying a rule, clicking "OK," then selecting "Apply" to the "Do you want to apply your rules to messages in selected mailboxes?" dialog.

Is there some way to make this happen automatically? To make the Rules be applied automatically when Junk Mail is received?

I for one would not want Junk/ or Spam moved automatically to Trash.

Only out of an abundance of caution... if you were ever to not receive and expected or unexpected email— the first place to look is those exact mailboxes.

Same for Trash I would not have it auto deleted for the same reason.

It is simply easy enough in your Junk mail folder to "select all" (Command A) and delete all

or Shift Command to select a range for deletion

you can submit your Apple Feedback direct to the product team if you think the interface should be different, here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 11:50 AM in response to Will Mardis

Will Mardis wrote:

I for one would not want Junk/ or Spam moved automatically to Trash.

Only out of an abundance of caution... if you were ever to not receive and expected or unexpected email— the first place to look is those exact mailboxes.

Same for Trash I would not have it auto deleted for the same reason.

It is simply easy enough in your Junk mail folder to "select all" (Command A) and delete all

or Shift Command to select a range for deletion

you can submit your Apple Feedback direct to the product team if you think the interface should be different, here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

How to auto-trash Junk Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.