Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VO2 max very low in new watch

I just bought an Apple watch series 8. And it’s VO2 max reading was showing 19.8. Which was even before using for a recorded outdoor walk or any exercise. After the first outdoor walk of 3kms in which my max HR was 110, it went down to 18.6! My resting HR is 72 as per watch. And I’m 43. Read in some places that it doesn’t even show unless you do an outdoor activity but it was showing even before that and after the first day of use, where I almost completed all 3 circles of activity, it went down even more?! What’s the logic and it seems faulty.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 12:07 PM

Apple says:

To estimate your cardio fitness level, your Apple Watch also takes into account your:

• Weight
    • Height
    • Medications that might affect your heart rate

It can take at least 24 hours of wearing your Apple Watch, followed by several workouts* and passive measurements with your Apple Watch before you receive an initial estimate.

First, notice the word estimate in the description. To measure VO2 max, a statement of lung capacity and oxygenation efficiency, you would need to be wearing a mask and measuring the flow of air into your lungs. The Apple watch uses information you give it, and data it measures, to guess at your VO2 max.

So, have you entered that information?

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have you calibrated your watch?

Calibrate your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

See more here:

Track your cardio fitness levels - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 12:07 PM in response to muzikman07

Apple says:

To estimate your cardio fitness level, your Apple Watch also takes into account your:

• Weight
    • Height
    • Medications that might affect your heart rate

It can take at least 24 hours of wearing your Apple Watch, followed by several workouts* and passive measurements with your Apple Watch before you receive an initial estimate.

First, notice the word estimate in the description. To measure VO2 max, a statement of lung capacity and oxygenation efficiency, you would need to be wearing a mask and measuring the flow of air into your lungs. The Apple watch uses information you give it, and data it measures, to guess at your VO2 max.

So, have you entered that information?

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have you calibrated your watch?

Calibrate your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

See more here:

Track your cardio fitness levels - Apple Support

VO2 max very low in new watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.