Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Zoom in/ zoom out (A) on toolbar not working

The text zoom/unzoom function on the toolbar has quit working. If I click on either zoom or unzoom the same thing occurs. It zooms or unzooms for about a second or so then returns to the original state. I have used this function forever and am not sure when it quit working.

This happens in Safari and also Safari Technology Preview. This does not happen with Firefox.

Thanks for any reply.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 6:52 AM

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Before going to support I tried resetting the SMC, which only made it worse. I then decided to check all the preferences in Safari. Under the heading "Websites/Page Zoom" a number of web sites were set to different zoom %, and the General setting "Share across devices" was checked. Unchecking share across devices fixed the issue. I have a MacMini on my home network as well as an iPad and iPhone. I don't know what exactly how this works but my issue is fixed.

Thanks again.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 6:52 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Before going to support I tried resetting the SMC, which only made it worse. I then decided to check all the preferences in Safari. Under the heading "Websites/Page Zoom" a number of web sites were set to different zoom %, and the General setting "Share across devices" was checked. Unchecking share across devices fixed the issue. I have a MacMini on my home network as well as an iPad and iPhone. I don't know what exactly how this works but my issue is fixed.

Thanks again.

Feb 15, 2023 1:52 AM in response to Tuco09

Well, on 4 Apple Computers I own and Operation I can not duplicate this issue

Context - 1 machine is M1 Mac Mini ruining Ventura 13.2.1, another M2 MBA running Ventura 13.2.1, third machine M1 MBA also on Ventura 13.2.1 and last machine Intel 2011 Mac mini ruling High Sierra 10.13.6 with all available Security Update

All Machines are using the Builtin Safari

Then have a suggestion ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.

Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

Safari Zoom in/ zoom out (A) on toolbar not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.